Discover how to set data type for the Create Record dialog and set preferences for working with bibliographic, authority, and local holdings records in WorldShare Record Manager.
Note: The settings in the Working with Records accordion are set by an individual at your institution.
This accordion allows you to set preferences for record editor, holding library code, classification scheme, cutter type, and more.
- In the left navigation, click User Preferences.
- From the User Preferences screen, click Working with Records.
- Click Reset Form to restore original default settings.
- Click Discard Page Changes to discard the changes you made and retain your previous settings. A confirmation dialog displays to confirm the discardment. Click Discard to confirm and discard your changes.
- Working with Records accordion - Image
Set data type for Create Record dialog
- For Default Data Type for Create Record Dialog, select the default data type for new records.
- Authority Record
- Bibliographic Record (default)
- Click Save.
Set preferences for bibliographic records (default)
- Working with records: Bibliographic Records tab - Image
- For Default Editor, select a default record editor.
- MARC 21 View
- Text View
- For Default Record Format, select a default record format.
- For Default Holding Library Code (049), select a holding library code from the drop-down list.
- For Default Classification Scheme, select a classification scheme from the drop-down list.
- Library of Congress (default)
- Dewey Decimal
Note: When creating labels, the call number will be pulled from an 092 field.
- National Library of Medicine
- Canadian National Library
- Government Document
- National Agricultural Library
- Universal Decimal
- For Default Cutter Type (092), select a cutter type.
- Four-Figure (default)
- For Fields for New Constant Data Records, select the fields and field groups you want to include in the record.
- For Controlled Headings, enable or disable auto-suggestions for Canadiana Names and Library of Congress Names. By default, auto-suggest is enabled.
When enabled, auto-suggestions for field-appropriate Canadiana and Library of Congress Names start with the first keystroke in new and existing records whose:
- 040 field subfield $b is identified as French ($b fre) for Canadiana Names.
- 040 field subfield $b is blank or identified as English ($b eng) for Library of Congress Names.
- 100, 110, 111, 130, 700, 710, 711, 730, 800, 810, 811, and/or 830 field is blank.
- If you are profiled for RDA Toolkit authentication via account ID and password, enter your Account ID and Password.
- Click Save.
Set preferences for authority records
Note: Your institution must have a valid MARC organization code to view this tab.
- Working with records: Authority Records tab - Image
- Click the Authority Records tab.
- For Default Authority Type, select the default authority record type for new records.
- LC (default)
- For Default MARC Organization Code, select a MARC organization code from the drop-down list.
Note: The list of available codes is specific to the codes available for your institution.
- If there is only one organization code, it displays as read-only.
- If there is no code, you cannot create authority records.
- Click Save.
Set preferences for local holdings records
- Working with records: LHRs tab - Image
- Click the LHRs tab.
- For Copy Number, enable or disable the display of 852 $t information in your records. By default, Display 852 $t information in list of LHRs is enabled.
- If you enable this preference, enter a prefix for this information in the Prefix form field (e.g., c., copy, copy number, etc.).
- For Display Information in Records, enable or disable the display of Shared Print and/or Lending Policy columns in the LHR list under a bibliographic record and in the headers of both the bibliographic and local holdings record. By default, Shared Print and Lending Policy columns do not display. Enable if your library participates in either the Shared Print program or Interlibrary Loan.