Edit a spine label
- Edits made to a spine label do not affect the information in the record and will only display on the Label Print List.
- Label format options selected in the Label Editor (font, size, styling, line spacing, etc.) are specified within a label type under User Preferences > Working with Labels.
- Navigate to Export and Label Print Lists > Label Print List.
- From the Label Print List tab, click the label you want to edit in the label table and then click Edit.
- From the Label Editor, use the Edit Label Text box or Edit Label Content table to edit the label format and content as needed. As you make changes, they will automatically appear in the Preview Label area.
- (Optional) Click the add button () to add an additional label line or content or click the remove button () to remove an existing label line.
Note: If you add more blank lines then are on the label (according to its size), some lines will move into the non-printable area.
- (Optional) Click Reset Label > Reset Label to clear out all fields and restore default settings in the label.
- Click Save Label > Save Label.
- Click Back to List. The Unsaved Changes to Label dialog opens.
- From the Unsaved Changes to Label dialog, click Save.
Label Editor interface overview
1. Label Editor actions
In the Label Editor, you can click the:
- Back to List link to return to the Label Print List. If you have edited a label without saving your changes, the Unsaved Changes to Label dialog will open and prompt you to save or discard your changes.
- Save Label drop-down menu (inactive until an edit is made)
- Save Label – Select to save the changes made to the current label.
- Save Changed Labels – Select to save changes made to all labels during a session. The number of labels changed appears in parentheses (e.g., Save Changed Labels (10)).
- Reset Label drop-down menu (inactive until an edit is made)
- Reset Label – Select to reset changes made to the current label.
- Reset Changed Labels – Select to reset changes made to all labels during a session. The number of labels changed appears in parentheses (e.g., Save Changed Labels (10)).
Note: Edits can be made to 120 labels during a session. If you attempt to edit more than 120 labels, you will receive a message that you need to save the edits made so far. Once you click Save Label > Save Changed Labels, you can continue to edit additional labels.
2. Edit Label Text
The Edit Label Text box allows you to edit label text directly instead of using the Edit Label Content table.
3. Preview Label edits
As you edit the label in the Edit Label Text box or Edit Label Content table, the Preview Label will automatically update to reflect the changes you've made.
4. Label navigation
If multiple labels need to be edited, use the navigation buttons to move between labels.
5. Edit Label Content
Use the Edit Label Content table to edit the label format and content of your spine labels. You can also change the order of the rows within a label using the up and down arrows () in the table.
Available label format and content options
|Edit||Edit the label text for a specific line.|