Discover how to reformat a local bibliographic data record in WorldShare Record Manager.
When you manually reformat an LBD record, you direct the system to automatically resort the variable fields in correct numeric order and correct minor errors.
- From the MARC 21 record editor, scroll down to the LBD accordion.
- From the LBD accordion, click the local bibliographic data record that you want to reformat.
- Click Reformat.
When you manually reformat an LBD record, the system makes these minor corrections:
- Converts "pipe" character ( | ) in URLs is automatically to code %7C, because the pipe character is not part of the set of ALA diacritics and special characters that are valid in the client.
- Changes subfield codes in uppercase to lowercase.
- Changes fixed field values in the wrong case (uppercase versus lowercase) to the correct case.
- Deletes leading blanks or blanks between values in fixed field elements. Trailing blanks remain.