When you manually reformat an LBD record, you direct the system to automatically resort the variable fields in correct numeric order and correct minor errors.
- From the MARC 21 record editor, scroll down to the LBD accordion.
- From the LBD accordion, click the local bibliographic data record that you want to reformat.
- Click Reformat.
When you manually reformat an LBD record, the system makes these minor corrections:
- Converts "pipe" character ( | ) in URLs is automatically to code %7C, because the pipe character is not part of the set of ALA diacritics and special characters that are valid in the client.
- Changes subfield codes in uppercase to lowercase.
- Changes fixed field values in the wrong case (uppercase versus lowercase) to the correct case.
- Deletes leading blanks or blanks between values in fixed field elements. Trailing blanks remain.