Discover how to delete a LBD field from an existing LBD record.
- Navigate to Record Work Lists > LBD and then click the Record Work List ID from which you want to delete a LBD field.
- From the LBD - Record Work List screen, select Base Script from the Edit Action drop-down list.
- Select Delete LBD Field from the Script Name drop-down list.
- For Field, enter the local bibliographic data field you want to delete. For more information about MARC 21 fields, see LBD fields.
- Select whether you want to Find Matching Text before Deleting Field. If Yes, complete the following:
- Enter the subfield from which you want to match text. For more information about subfields for MARC 21 fields, see LBD fields.
- Select a matching option from the Matching Options drop-down list.
- Begins with
- Contains (default)
- Ends with
- (Optional) For Capitalization, select Match Case to ensure that found text matches the letter case of the note text entered in the Find This Content form field.
- Enter the note text in the Find This Content form field.
- Select the LBD record(s) from which you want to delete the field.
- To select all records on the current page of results, select the check box at the top of the table.
- To select all records in the work list, click Actions > Edit > All Target Records.
- (Optional) Preview selected records with the script change.
- Select up to 25 records to which you want to apply the script change.
- Click Actions > View Selected Record(s) > Preview Record(s) after Edit Action Applied. The View LBDs - Preview Record(s) after Edit Action Applied screen displays the selected records after the script change including any validation errors.
- Click View Current Record(s) to view the selected records in their current state. From the View LBDs - Current Record(s) screen, click Preview Record(s) after Edit Action Applied to return to the View LBDs - Preview Record(s) after Edit Action Applied screen.
- Once you have confirmed the script changes appear as expected, click Go Back.
- (Optional) Select a different set of records (up to 25) and repeat steps a through d.
- Click Actions > Edit > Selected Target Records.
- Click Apply in the Apply Script dialog window. The script running process is asynchronous. The time it takes to run varies depending on how many records you are editing. While the process is running, you can perform other actions in Record Manager outside of LBD Records tab in the Record Work Lists screen.
A confirmation message appears identifying how many records successfully updated or failed to update when the script has finished running.
Find a failed record
If a record failed to update, the confirmation message provides a status.
To locate the failed record:
- Select Included Status(es) from the Filter by drop-down list.
- Select the status of the failed record from the drop-down list.
- Click Apply Filter(s) to locate the failed record.