Reformat a constant data record
Discover how to reformat a local holdings constant data record in WorldShare Record Manager.
When you manually reformat a constant data record, you direct the system to automatically resort the variable fields in correct numeric order and correct minor errors.
- In the left navigation, click Toolbox. The Constant Data tab opens by default.
- Select Local Holdings Record from the Data Type drop-down list.
- Search for a constant data record or click a Constant Data Record Name. The constant data editor opens in the tab.
- From the Record drop-down menu, select Reformat. A confirmation message appears which states that the constant data record has been reformatted.
When you manually reformat a local holdings record, the system makes these minor corrections:
- Converts "pipe" character ( | ) in URLs is automatically to code %7C, because the pipe character is not part of the set of ALA diacritics and special characters that are valid in the client.
- Changes subfield codes in uppercase to lowercase.
- Changes fixed field values in the wrong case (uppercase versus lowercase) to the correct case.
- Deletes leading blanks or blanks between values in fixed field elements. Trailing blanks remain.