When you manually reformat a bibliographic constant data record, you direct the system to automatically resort the variable fields in correct numeric order and correct minor errors.
- In the left navigation, click Toolbox. The Constant Data tab > Bibliographic constant data records screen opens by default.
- Search for a constant data record or click a Constant Data Record Name. The constant data editor opens in the tab.
- Select Reformat from the Record drop-down menu. A confirmation message appears which states that the constant data record has been reformated.
When you manually reformat a Bibliographic record, the system makes these minor corrections:
- Converts "pipe" character ( | ) in URLs is automatically to code %7C, because the pipe character is not part of the set of ALA diacritics and special characters that are valid in the client.
- Changes subfield codes in uppercase to lowercase.
- Changes fixed field values in the wrong case (uppercase versus lowercase) to the correct case.
- Deletes leading blanks or blanks between values in fixed field elements. Trailing blanks remain.