Discover how to create a bibliographic constant data record in WorldShare Record Manager.
- In the left navigation, click Toolbox. The Constant Data tab > Bibliographic constant data records screen opens by default.
- Click New Record.
- Select a format.
- Select a material type from the Material Type Template drop-down list.
- Computer File
- Continuing Resource
- Mixed Material
- Sound Recording
- Visual Material
- Click Create. The Create Constant Data screen opens.
- Update the bibliographic constant data record with the new information.
Note: Remove any empty fields and/or subfields you do not want added to a record in the MARC 21 editor before you save your constant data record. Empty fields and subfields are retained after saving as some institutions may want to use them as a prompt to add new data in a record.
- Click Save.
- In the Save Constant Data Record dialog, enter:
- Name - Enter the name of the new constant data record.
- My Status - Enter the status of the constant data record. Use this information to help retrieve constant data records.
- Make Default - Select if you want this constant data record to be your default bibliographic constant data record.
Note: You will need to select a default bibliographic constant data record in order to apply constant data when deriving a bibliographic record.
- Click Save.