You can apply the information in a bibliographic constant data record to a MARC 21 record. You can use any bibliographic constant data record that was created by any individual at your institution.
- From the MARC 21 editor, click Record.
- From the Record drop-down menu, select Apply from the Bibliographic Constant Data flyout menu.
- Select a constant data record from the list.
- Optional. If you want to apply the Leader and 008 fields when applying bibliographic constant data to a record, select one of the following:
- Leader and 008 values
- Only variable fields (default)
- Leader, 008 and variable fields
- Click Apply. A confirmation message appears which states that the bibliographic constant data record was applied to the record.
- Click Save. The record is saved with new field information from the bibliographic constant data record.