When you set a WorldCat holding on a Text View WorldCat bibliographic record, you are adding your library's OCLC institution symbol to a WorldCat bibliographic record and specifying that you own an item that is represented by the record. After setting a WorldCat holding, other users can see on WorldCat that the item is in your collection.
Set WorldCat holdings for a Text View WorldCat bibliographic record so that you can:
- Maintain your WorldCat holdings in WorldCat and archive records at OCLC
- Associate the record with your library; for example, because you have added the record to a local catalog
Set a WorldCat holding on a Text View bibliographic record
- From the Text View editor, click Record.
- From the Record drop-down menu, select Set from the WorldCat Holding flyout menu. The system sets a WorldCat holding on the record.
- (Optional). Validate the record. After the record has been validated, your institution's OCLC symbol is associated with the record and appears at the top of the record.