The diacritic library allows you to insert diacritics and special characters into bibliographic and local bibliographic data records without having to install RLIN21 keyboards.
- From the Text View editor, select the field where you want to insert the diacritic.
- Place the cursor at the position where you want to insert the diacritic, right-click, then select Insert Diacritic from the Field submenu. The Insert Diacritic window opens.
If text is highlighted in the field, it will be replaced by the inserted diacritic.
- Select the diacritic you want to insert from the Insert Diacritic window.
If you hover over a diacritic character, a tooltip appears with the Unicode code and name for the diacritic.
- (Optional). To limit, select a type of diacritic from the Filter By drop-down list:
- Category - Select a category from the Category Name drop-down list.
- Diacritic Name* - Select or enter a diacritic name from the Diacritic Name drop-down list.
- Language* - Select or enter a language from the Language Name drop-down list.
- Transliteration Language* - Select or enter a transliteration language from the Transliteration Language drop-down list. Filtering by transliteration language helps you find the characters you need for transliterating from a specific non-Latin script into a Latin script.
- Unicode Number* - Select or enter a Unicode number from the Unicode Number drop-down list.
*These filters contain an auto-suggest text field. Auto-suggestions for filter-appropriate elements start with the first keystroke in the text field.
- Click Close.