You can create a WorldCat bibliographic record in Text View using a material type template based on Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (AACR2) or Resource Description and Access (RDA).
- In the left navigation, click Create WorldCat Record.
- For Type, select Text View.
- Select a Format for the record you are creating.
- RDA (default)
- From the Material Type drop-down list, select a material type.
- Audio book
- Sound recording
- Click Create.
- Update the bibliographic record with your institution's information. For required fields, see required fields by material type template.
- From the Save drop-down menu, select Add Record to WorldCat or Add Record and Set WorldCat Holding. A confirmation message will appear with the OCLC control number once the record has been added to WorldCat.
- If there are any errors in the record, an error message will appear. Correct the errors and repeat step 7.
- Required fields by material type template
Material Type Template Required Field 1 Required Field 2 Required Field 3 Required Field 4 Required Field 5 Required Field 6 Required Field 7 Required Field 8 Audio book Title Country Year of Publication Language Book Title Country Year of Publication Language Format Image Title Country Year of Publication Language Format Sound recording Title Country Year of Publication Language Recording Type Playback Video Title Country Year of Publication Language Format Dimensions Configuration of Playback Channels Specific Material Designation