Skip to main content
Delete WorldCat holdings and associated local information
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- In the left navigation, click Record Work Lists.
- From the Bibliographic tab, type or paste up to 10,000 OCLC numbers you want to delete holdings and associated local information for in the Target Record(s) form field. Separate each number with a space.
- If commas or line returns are copied into the Target Record(s) form field, they will automatically be converted to spaces.
- If you enter duplicate OCLC numbers, the system automatically removes them when you click outside the form field. You will receive the following message: Removed # duplicate record number(s).
- From the Record Action(s) drop-down menu, select Delete Holding(s), LBD(s), and LHR(s) from the Delete WorldCat Holding(s) flyout menu.
- From the Delete WorldCat Holding(s) dialog, click Delete.
Note: If you entered more than 1,000 OCLC numbers, you will receive the following message: You are about to delete the WorldCat Holding(s), LBD(s), and LHR(s) on the first group of 1000 target records. Any remaining records will be retained in the input box.
The Processing Record(s) dialog opens, with a progress bar that indicates how many records have already been processed. The dialog closes after processing is complete.
A confirmation message appears identifying how many records successfully had holdings and associated local information deleted when the Processing Record(s) dialog closes. If record was unable to be deleted, an error message appears.
Note: If a record failed, see the Error(s) table below the Target Record(s) form field for more information.
- (Optional). If you entered more than 1,000 OCLC numbers, repeat steps 1-4 to set holdings on the remaining records. Repeat until complete.