This course provides instruction on using KBART (Knowledge Base and Related Tools) files to select and edit existing WorldCat knowledge base collections, create local collections, and promote local collections to the global WorldCat knowledge base.
Topics covered include:
- Edit collections using KBART files
- Add titles to new collections using KBART files
- Promote a local collection to global WorldCat knowledge base
This course is intended for staff at member libraries who are working with electronic resources materials and will be editing or adding their electronic collections to the WorldCat knowledge base using the WorldShare Collection Manager application. The learner should know what WorldShare Collection Manager and the WorldCat knowledge base are and why the learner’s library will build its collections in the WorldCat knowledge base in order to get the most out of this course.
After this session, learners will be able to create and use KBART files to edit or create knowledge base collections in WorldShare Collection Manager.
Register for live, online training
|Thursday, August 11, 2022||2:00PM - 3:00PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
|Tuesday, September 13, 2022||2:00PM - 3:00PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
View a recorded session
View a recorded session (56 minutes)
- Request closed captioning
- Closed captioning is available in the US upon request with 5 business days' notice. To request closed captioning for a training session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation policy
- In the event of low attendance, OCLC may cancel a training session. In this situation, registrants will be notified by email in advance of the session.