This course provides instruction on using KBART (Knowledge Base and Related Tools) files to modify or add knowledge base collections. Learners will also be introduced to maintaining knowledge base collections.
Topics covered include:
- Modify collections using KBART files
- Add new titles to new collections using KBART
- Introduction to cooperative management of global knowledge base data
This course is intended for staff at member libraries who are working with electronic resources materials and will be editing or adding their electronic collections to the WorldCat knowledge base using the WorldShare Collection Manager application. The learner should know what WorldShare Collection Manager and the WorldCat knowledge base are and why the learner’s library will build its collections in the WorldCat knowledge base in order to get the most out of this course.
After this session, learners will be able to create and use a KBART file to modify or add knowledge base collection to the WorldCat knowledge base.
Register for live, online training
|Thursday, June 17, 2021||2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
View a recorded session
View a recorded session (86 minutes)
- Request closed captioning
- Closed captioning is available in the US upon request with 5 business days' notice. To request closed captioning for a training session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation policy
- In the event of low attendance, OCLC may cancel a training session. In this situation, registrants will be notified by email in advance of the session.