This course provides instruction on WorldCat knowledge base collections, including searching for collections, selecting or modifying collections, as well as adding new collections using the WorldShare Collection Manager application.
Topics covered include:
- Searching for knowledge base collections using Collection Manager interface
- Select and modify knowledge base collections using Collection Manager interface
- Add new knowledge base collections using Collection Manager interface
This course is intended for staff at member libraries who are working with electronic resources materials and will be adding their electronic collections to the WorldCat knowledge base using the WorldShare Collection Manager application. The learner should know what WorldShare Collection Manager and the WorldCat knowledge base are and why the learner’s library will build its collections in the WorldCat knowledge base in order to get the most out of this course.
At the end of this session, learners will gain the foundational knowledge to search and perform basic actions on knowledge base collections.
Register for live, online training
|Thursday, June 3, 2021||2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
View a recorded session
View a recorded session (87 minutes)
- Request closed captioning
- Closed captioning is available in the US upon request with 5 business days' notice. To request closed captioning for a training session, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Cancellation policy
- In the event of low attendance, OCLC may cancel a training session. In this situation, registrants will be notified by email in advance of the session.