See the possible reasons why you did not receive a record for a title:
The title does not meet content type requirements
Titles in Collection Manager must:
- Have an OCLC number and have a URL/856 and be of a readable format and coverage (i.e., journal [fulltext, print], ebook, and so forth), or
- Have an OCLC number and lack a URL/856 but have a content type of other or print
The title does not have an OCLC number
- No record exists for the item in WorldCat
- A record exists but because of the complexities of cataloging electronic items, it is not classified as an electronic resource in a way that corresponds to the knowledge base’s matching process
About the percentage of titles with OCLC numbers in a collection
The percentage of OCLC numbers in a collection listed in the Collections available in the WorldCat knowledge base can help you determine the percentage of records that will be output for a collection.
If a matching OCLC number becomes available at a later date, the corresponding WorldCat record will be issued automatically. You can add an OCLC number manually. Doing so will trigger the output of the corresponding record.
To view gaps in OCLC number coverage for an individual collection, search for and open the collection in Collection Manager and expand Titles. Download the collection's KBART sheet and review the oclc_number column.
How to help improve OCLC number coverage for all libraries
To have OCLC numbers added to a global collection by the knowledge base team:
- Complete the OCLC number correction form with as much detail as possible for each title.
- Submit the form as a support request to OCLC support, indicating that you'd like the knowledge base team to add the OCLC numbers to the attached titles.
- The knowledge base team will review and schedule the addition of these OCLC numbers typically within 1-3 months.