Find out how to name files to upload for data sync processing in WorldShare Collection Manager.
Each file name must be unique and must include:
- 7-digit data sync collection ID - Include as the first element of the file name, immediately followed by a period. This ensures that the file will be processed under the correct data sync collection.
- OCLC institution symbol - Include as the second element of the file name, separated from the collection ID by a period.
- A period should be used to separate distinct elements within a file name.
- A valid 7-digit data sync collection ID must be included at the beginning of the file name and must be immediately followed by a period.
- The OCLC institution symbol for which the file should be processed must be included as the second element of the file name and must be preceded and followed by a period.
- Alphanumeric characters are allowed. Letters can be both upper and lower case.
- MARC data files (Bib or LHR) should have the filename extension that corresponds with the datatype, for example .mrc or .xml
- Non-MARC data files should have the filename extension .csv.
- Control characters @, $, and # will be converted as follows:
- @ will be replaced with _64
- $ will be replaced with _36
- # will be replaced with _35
Do not include
- Periods, dashes, and/or underscores at the beginning of the file name
- Spaces and other non-alphanumeric characters