About your WorldShare instance
The collections available in your knowledge base in Collection Manager will be limited to OCLC cataloged collections. OCLC cataloged collections are knowledge base collections cataloged by OCLC staff and are made available through Collection Manager by the provider.
See the list of providers with OCLC cataloged collections on the OCLC cataloged collections page.
Request access to Collection Manager
- Visit the WorldShare Collection Manager request form and complete the form.
- In the Comments or Questions field, indicate your provider or your reason for the request. For example: "I am a Wiley customer." This will indicate to OCLC that your library needs to be configured to receive records for content from a selective provider and should not be charged for an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata Subscription.
Set a password
- Look for an email from Order Services. Order Services will email you a welcome message that includes:
- Your institution's unique WorldShare URL
- Your personal user name
- A 9-digit "admin" authorization number to use when you sign up for emailed record reports
- Follow the instructions to Set or reset your password.
Configure institution settings
Sign in to the WorldShare interface
Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL. Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
Use the Setup Wizard
- Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager > Settings.
- On the Settings screen, you will see accordions that contain a variety of settings. Not all of the settings will be of interest to you, so we have created a Setup Wizard to guide you through the settings and surface the settings that are required or most often used. Click the Setup Wizard button.
Select collections and download files of records
Watch a video
Watch a video and follow the instructions to search for collections, select collections, and download files of records.
Working with OCLC cataloged collections (10:15)
For help understanding the contents of emailed record reports, see Understand emailed reports, Record reports.
Collection Manager has many features. However, because your access to Collection Manager is for the exclusive purpose of receiving records, some functionality will not be available.