If you need access to Collection Manager (the Metadata tab in the WorldShare interface), follow the steps to Create a Collection Manager account.
OCLC cataloged collections. If your library does not have a cataloging subscription, see Options for libraries without a cataloging subscription. Use the instructions below for information specific to our provider.This provider has
Verify your collections have not been manually selected
If your institution has manually selected a collection or titles in a collection, OCLC will not overwrite your selections. Before the initial load of holdings from your provider, we recommend that you verify that the collection has not be manually selected.
- Verify that your collections have not been manually selected
Before the initial load of your collections, please:
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms [Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier].
- Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager and locate the search box.
- Uncheck My Selected Collections and search for the collection.
- Once you have returned the collection in a search, perform one of the following:
- If the collection is selected in FULL: You will need to deselect it. Our system will not be able to overwrite the collection with the title data directly from your provider. If you have holdings set in WorldCat, de-selecting the collection will remove these holdings. Holdings will be added after OCLC loads the collection (as long as in institution settings, WorldCat Holdings is enabled)
- If the collection is partially selected to reflect a subset of the titles available in the collections: The system will overwrite your title selections and collection data. If you want to preserve the title selections and collection data before OCLC overwrites it, do so before making a request for your collection to be loaded by OCLC. Within your collection, navigate to Titles > More Actions. Use the option to Download titles in local holdings and choose a format to download a spreadsheet of your title data
- If the collection is NOT selected: Proceed to request automated collection loading
Request collection loading
Collection names and IDs
There are many collections in the global WorldCat knowledge base. Use the collection data in the table to help you find the relevant collections. If your collection is not returned when you search within Collection Manager, try entering a root word and an asterisk (*) as a truncation operator. For example: Books at JSTOR*
|Collection name(s)||Collection ID(s)||Demand-driven acquisition collections?||Frequency provider sends OCLC data||Notes about the collection|
|Books at JSTOR Demand Driven Acquisitions||jstor.ebookspda||Yes||Weekly||Please verify that your collections have not been manually selected and then proceed to request collection loading.|
|Books at JSTOR All Purchased||jstor.ebooks||No||Weekly||Please verify that your collections have not been manually selected and then proceed to request collection loading.|
|Books at JSTOR Evidence Based Acquisitions||jstor.ebookseba||No||Weekly||This collection is available as part of a pilot program. Please contact JSTOR if you are interested in participating.|
|Books at JSTOR Open Access||jstor.oaebooks||No||Weekly||Because this is an open access collection, your institution will have access to the entire collection by default. You can manually select the collection and you are not required to request collection loading.|
How to request collection loading
Contact email@example.com to request that JSTOR send your collection data to OCLC. Please provide JSTOR with your institution's OCLC symbol.
If your institution gains access to additional Books at JSTOR collections as listed on this page, it is not necessary to contact JSTOR or to request collection loading again. JSTOR will automatically include your collection data in the established feed to OCLC and OCLC will load collection and title changes to your Collection Manager instance.
See if your collection loaded
We recommend that you wait until your collection is available before you proceed so that all of the settings will be available in Collection Manager.
The amount of time it takes for your titles to be available depends on the timing of your request, how often your provider sends data, when OCLC's loads the data, and the place of your institution's data in a queue. The time for the initial loading process varies from about one week to one month.
To see if your collection has loaded in the WorldShare interface:
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL (https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms [Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier]).
- Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager. Do one of the following:
- Navigate to the Activity History and look at the history for your provider. See About the Activity History in Collection Manager for help
- Search for the collection
Choose the instructions that apply to your needs
Get WorldCat MARC records
Record delivery is available both to libraries with and to libraries without an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata Subscription.
Manage WorldCat holdings
WorldCat holdings maintenance is available only to libraries with an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata Subscription.
For additional information, see Configure institution settings for knowledge base collections.
Use collection data with other services
Display full-text links, elevate links from a specific provider, and more.
Find additional support materials
Browse Frequently asked questions such as: