Configure institution settings for query collections
If you haven't already, follow the instructions to Configure institution settings for query collections. Many of the settings are optional. At a minimum, configure the required settings below:
Verify your OCLC Symbol
Use the OCLC Symbol setting to verify that your institution's OCLC symbol is selected. Collection Manager uses the symbol displayed here to maintain WorldCat holdings and to output records.
To verify that your OCLC symbol is selected:
- Navigate to Institution Settings > OCLC Symbol.
- Select your OCLC symbol if it is available in the interface but is not selected.
If your OCLC symbol is not available in the interface, follow the instructions to edit your information in the WorldCat registry.
- Click Save.
- Edit your information in the registry
Collection Manager uses information your institution's WorldCat registry profile. You can quickly review your institution's information by visiting the WorldCat registry website.
To edit your information in the WorldCat registry:
- Sign out of WorldShare Collection Manager.
- Sign in to OCLC Service Configuration. Navigate to the WorldCat registry module and select Identifiers. Update your information and save your changes. Sign out.
- Sign in to WorldShare Collection Manager.
- Click the Refresh from WorldCat Registry button, preview the changes, and click Accept changes. Click Save.
Enable MARC Records
Use the MARC Records setting to enable record delivery. Note that collection-level record delivery settings will remain disabled. You will need to enable record delivery within your collections before records will be delivered.
To enable record delivery in the institution settings:
- Navigate to Institution Settings > MARC Records.
- Select Yes for Enable MARC Record Delivery.
Once you enable record delivery, tabs of settings to customize your records will appear. The settings in these tabs apply across all collections and records you output from Collection Manager. To customize your records, complete the settings in each tab relevant for your collection types: Customize Records, WorldCat Updates, Record Delivery, Cataloging Partner Options.
Create a query collection for your CONTENTdm titles
Create a query collection with Ongoing delivery:
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL. Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
- Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager > Create a Collection > Query collection.
- Enter a Collection Name such as: CONTENTdm
- The Collection ID is automatically supplied. Do not delete it.
- Enter your WorldCat Selection Criteria. Replace [OCLC symbol] with your library's symbol:
on:CNTNT AND cs=[OCLC Symbol]
- Select Ongoing delivery for the Collection Type.
- Click Save.
For complete instructions, see Create a query collection.
Enable MARC Records at the collection-level
Within the query collection you just created:
- Expand MARC Records.
- Select Use institution setting to enable record delivery at the collection-level.
- Click Save.
Your profile is now set up. Records might be output as soon as the following day (records are output on weekdays, US EST). Large collections require an additional day to output records.