You can compile a spreadsheet of your library’s WorldCat holdings by creating a query collection in Collection Manager and then using a record editing tool like MarcEdit. Follow the instructions to create a spreadsheet that includes OCLC number, author, title, and the LC call number.
Configure institution settings for query collections
If you haven't already, follow the instructions to Configure institution settings for query collections. Many of the settings are optional. At a minimum, please verify your OCLC Symbol and enable MARC Records.
Create a query collection to retrieve records for your holdings
Create a query collection set to One-time delivery.
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL. Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
- Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager > Create a Collection > Query collection.
- Enter a Collection Name. The Collection ID is automatically supplied.
- Use li:[OCLC symbol] as your WorldCat Selection Criteria.
- Leave One-time delivery selected for the Collection Type.
- Click Save.
For complete instructions, see:
Enable MARC Records at the collection-level
Within the query collection you just created:
- Expand MARC Records.
- Select Use institution setting to enable record delivery at the collection-level.
- Click Save.
Your profile is now set up. Records might be output as soon as the following day (records are output on weekdays, US EST). Large collections require an additional day to output records.
Use MarcEdit to pull specific fields from your file of records
MarcEdit is available for download at: http://marcedit.reeset.net. OCLC cannot provide support for this third-party tool. Find tutorials about using MarcEdit: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marcedit.
To use MarcEdit to pull specific fields from your file of records:
- Open your downloaded files of records in MarcEdit and convert them to a tab delimited file.
- Navigate to Tools > Export > Export Tab Delimited Records.
- In Set File Paths, enter the path of the file you downloaded from Collection Manager.
- Enter the path where you would like to output files.
- Browse to your desired source file by clicking the folder next to the text box. Click Next.
- Define the fields and subfields that you want to export into the spreadsheet. Select a field and subfield and click Add Field until you have all of the desired fields represented. For example, you could choose:
- ISBN (020$a),
- OCLC number (035 $a),
- LC call number (050 $a and $b),
- Author (100 $a), and
- Title (245 $a, $b and $c)
- Once you have selected all of the desired fields/subfields, click Export.