View collections with data updates
View a list of collections
To see the list of collections in your holdings that are awaiting a decision for the KB Data Update, navigate to Collection Manager and click the Approve Changes to Global Collections button. Once you have approved or denied the changes to a collection, or the collection has timed out of the approval process, it will no long appear in the list.
View individual collections
To access individual collections awaiting a decision:
- Click the Activity History button and filter by Approve Changes to Global Collections.
- Search for the collection.
Tip: Enter an asterisk (*) after a search term to view items that begin with that term. For example: hathi*
- Navigate to a collection and open it.
- Expand the collection's History accordion and filter by Approve Changes to Global Collections.
Review collections with data updates
From the list of collections filtered by Approve Changes to Global Collections:
Click Review & Decide to access the list of detailed title changes for the collection. Alternatively, click Download Detailed Report to view the changes in a text file or open them in a spreadsheet application (such as Microsoft Excel or Apache OpenOffice Calc).
After you click Review & Decide, you will again have the option to select Download Detailed Report.
View details of the data updates
After you click Review & Decide, you will be on the History: KB Data Update screen for the collection update. You will see New, Updates, and Deletes accordions::
- Each accordion lists Record and Details for each title added to or deleted from the collection
- For titles a library has updated, the Updates accordion also lists New and Old values so that you can better understand what is changing about the data
Approve or deny changes
Approve or Deny
After review, you can choose to either approve or deny the changes.
After clicking Approve or Deny, you will see a window that asks you to leave a comment about your choice. Comments are encouraged but not required.
Once you click Save, your comment, if you chose to include one, your name, institution, and decision will be saved to the Reviews accordion and your vote to approve or deny will be saved and tallied.
You also have the option of clicking Discuss in the Reviews accordion. The link will take you to the Collection Manager discussion forum (sign in required) to discuss data changes with other members of the community.
Retention of cooperative changes
Detailed changes are kept for 90 days and are available to be downloaded for review. After 90 days, the history will still show the update event, but the title-level details will no longer be available.
Send OCLC your feedback
We encourage you to discuss the features and functions of the knowledge base cooperative data management:
- In the OCLC Community Center. If you have feedback or question for OCLC, post your comments in the Collection Manager discussion forum (sign in required), or
- Send your comments to OCLC Support. We welcome any suggestions for improving or enhancing cooperative features for greater utility by our community in future releases