Create this collection if you would prefer your records be processed using OCLC number matching only for any collection type.
You can indicate that you would prefer your records be processed using OCLC number matching only for any collection type. In OCLC number matching, a record will automatically be added to WorldCat Staging if it is missing an OCLC number.
- Do not add new lines. All text needs to be in one paragraph.
- Do not copy and paste text from Microsoft Word, email, a web browser, or other sources. Pasted text can contain hidden formatting codes.
- You cannot delete a collection once it has been saved and/or submitted.
- If you have questions while creating your collection, you can:
Create the collection
- Navigate to the WorldShare interface > Metadata tab > Collection Manager.
- Click Create a Collection.
- Select Data Sync Collection from the Collection Type drop-down list.
- Select a collection type from the Data Sync Type drop-down list.
If you have already created a WorldCat Data Synchronization collection with the secondary collection type, the following warning appears:
An existing WorldCat Data Synchronization collection of this same type already exists. We recommend editing this existing collection; however, you can create a secondary collection type of the same type.
Generally, you will configure one collection for each type of data to be sent, making it easier to manage the process and maintain up-to-date holdings in WorldCat.
- Click Create. The accordions for this collection appear.
Complete the Properties accordion
- Enter OCLC number matching only in the Description field.
Complete the Comments accordion
The comments accordion allows you to communicate with the database specialist assigned to your data sync collection. It appears after you save your collection for the first time. Database specialists can also communicate with you about your collection.
- Click Comments to open the accordion.
- Click Add Comment. The Add Comment window opens.
- Enter OCLC number matching only collection in the Topic field.
- Enter Please set this collection to use only OCLC number matching in the Comment field.
- Click Add Comment to save your comment to the list.
Once you have added your comment to the list, it cannot be edited or deleted.
Submit your collection
- Select Submit Collection to OCLC from the Collection Actions drop-down menu.
You cannot delete a collection once it has been saved and/or submitted.