Data must be sent as a .CSV file, encoded as UTF-8, with Local system control numbers (LSN) and OCLC control numbers. While it is possible to omit the LSN, it is preferable to include it.
- An LSN is required for processing your data and should be provided for each OCLC number you provide. In the event that an LSN is not provided, processing will add an arbitrary value so that local bibliographic data (LBD) can be created and WorldCat records can be output.
- OCLC numbers must include the prefix (OCoLC), e.g., (OCoLC)198765401.
Download the Numeric search key template.
Do not delete either of the columns in the template. Both columns must remain even if they are not being used for matching.
- The order of the columns in the template should not be changed.
- Save the template by encoding it as UTF-8.
Encode a .CSV Excel file to UTF-8
UTF-8 encoding a .CSV in Excel is not available for Mac.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Save As.
- Enter your file name and update your file path as needed.
- Select CSV (Comma delimited) from the Save as type drop-down list.
- Click Tools, then select Web Options from the drop-down list.
- Click the Encoding tab.
- Select Unicode (UTF-8) from the Save this document as drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.