Navigate to Settings
Institution settings apply across all your collections. Use caution when changing existing settings as the changes might impact other collections. Please remember to click Save after you select settings. If your session times out, you could lose your work.
Navigate to the institution settings:
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL. Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
- Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager > Settings.
Configure the following settings
- OCLC Symbol
- Verify that your OCLC Symbol is selected
Use the OCLC Symbol setting to verify that your institution's OCLC symbol is selected. Collection Manager uses the symbol displayed here to maintain WorldCat holdings and to output records.
To verify that your OCLC symbol is selected:
- Navigate to Settings > OCLC Symbol.
- Select your OCLC symbol if it is available in the interface but is not selected.
If your OCLC symbol is not available in the interface, follow the instructions to edit your information in the WorldCat Registry.
- Click Save.
- Edit your information in the Registry
Collection Manager uses information your institution's WorldCat Registry profile. You can quickly review your institution's information by visiting the WorldCat Registry website.
To edit your information in the WorldCat Registry:
- Sign out of WorldShare Collection Manager.
- Sign in to OCLC Service Configuration. Navigate to the WorldCat Registry module and select Identifiers. Update your information and save your changes. Sign out.
- Sign in to WorldShare Collection Manager.
- Click the Refresh from WorldCat Registry button, preview the changes, and click Accept changes. Click Save.
- Enable emailed reports
If you enable reports in Settings > Reports, reports will be available via email around the time when files of records have been output and/or after there are changes to your holdings in WorldCat. When your first report is available, you will get an email from Usage_Statistics@oclc.org with the subject field: "The report [name of report] you requested for [YYYYMMDD]."
You will not receive an email on days when there is no activity. Reports are also available in the OCLC Usage Statistics Portal and they are identical to the reports that come by email. See how to access reports in the OCLC Usage Statics Portal.
To receive emailed reports:
- Navigate to Settings > Reports.
- Select Yes to Receive Email Reports.
- Enter your cataloging authorization or an admin code. This is a 9-digit number starting with 100. Only one authorization code is needed per institution.
- Expand and select the Report Types you want to receive. To find details about the content of each report type see Understand reports.
- Enter the Email Address(es) the reports will be sent to. If you are adding more than one email address, separate each email address with a semi-colon (;).
- Modify the Report Format and Receive as settings if needed.
- Click Save.
For a complete list and details about institution settings, see Collection Manager Institution settings.