Search for cataloging partner collections
Search for cataloging partner collections that you have already created:
- Navigate to the search box in Collection Manager. Leave My Selected Collections selected.
- In the Search Term(s) field, enter the collection name or leave the field empty.
- If you leave the field empty, the search will return all of the collections your library has selected or created.
- Select Cataloging Partner Collections from the Filter by drop-down list.
Clone a collection
Once you have located the collection you would like to clone:
- From the Collection Actions drop-down, select Clone Collection.
- A new collection is generated with the information from the original collection.
- Enter the desired changes to the cloned collection. The following fields are required:
- Collection Name
- Provider (carried over from original collection)
- Account Number (defined by your material provider)
- Collection ID (coordinate with your material provider)
Note: Account Number and Collection ID must have a unique value and cannot be reused from the original collection. If the Collection ID or Account Number value is the same as a value on an existing collection, you will receive an error message and will not be able to save the collection.
Review the collection and make any other desired changes to the cloned collection-level settings:
- WorldCat Holdings
- MARC Records
- Dewey Call Numbers
For a complete list and details about cataloging partner collection-level settings, see Cataloging partner collection-level settings.
- After making changes to the collection, select Save.
- The cloned collection is inactive and will need to be activated once saved. To activate the collection, click on the Collection Actions drop-down and select Make Collection Active.