Discover how to change the language of the WorldCat Entities user interface.
The WorldCat Entities user interface can be viewed in multiple languages. Changing the language affects several aspects of how the WorldCat Entities user interface displays.
Important notes about changing the language
When the language of the interface is changed, the following elements of WorldCat Entities will be affected:
- Static text such as buttons, facets, and titles of sections within the entity viewer will be translated to the chosen language.
- When a search is executed, search results in the chosen language will be returned first.
- Entity data will display in the chosen language if it exists.
Note: Entity data is not actively translated.
- If the label for a linked entity does not exist in the chosen language, the label will display in English, if available. If the label for an entity does not exist in the chosen language or English, the entity ID will display instead of the label.
- On any screen in the WorldCat Entities user interface, scroll down to find the Language drop-down list in the left navigation in the footer.
- Use the drop-down list to select a language. See the available language options below for more details.
Note: These languages are for the WorldCat Entities user interface only. WorldCat Entity Data can exist in any cataloged language.