- I click Edit under the Metadata Map heading.
- I select More > Show unmapped fields.
- I click on MARC View at the top center of the record.
- I click on the View Online button and select my link to map.
- I re-sync the collection.
- A view online link does not appear on the WorldCat record.
- Digital Collection Gateway
The issue is the way that Digital Collection Gateway handles the mapping prefix that your link was mapped under (example: "dc:identifier 1"). The link is likely being mapped to a field other then the 856 field.
- Go back into the mapping editor in MARC view.
- Select the next unmapped (blue colored) "view online" button.
- Map the same link again. Yes, this means you will now have two "view online" buttons mapped with the same link.
- Click Approve Map & Sync.
- Check the MARC view of the 856 field to see if your link was added.