You will get an authorization failed error just like you would when the Options.XML file is corrupted. You may also get an error stating that the system cannot communicate with outside websites.
The options.xml file might be corrupted which will affect the default settings. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
- Close the client if it is running.
- Hold down the Windows key + R. This should bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type the following %appdata%in the box.
- Click Ok.
- You will now be in your Roaming folder. Scroll down to the OCLC folder.
- Right-click the OCLC folder.
- Rename to OCLC.old (if the new OCLC folder does not resolve the issue, you can restore the old OCLC folder back).
- Close that window.
- Start up the client.
- Configure your settings.
- Close and restart the client. Your settings should now be sticking.
If this does not resolve the issue, contact OCLC Support.