Unable to save changes because the record was updated by OCLCA symbol
- When you try to save a MARC Bibliographic or Authority record, you find that you can't save or replace the record because another OCLC symbol, OCLCA, has edited it in the meanwhile.
- Record Manager
- Connexion browser
- Connexion client
The OCLCA symbol is generated by the control headings update service and is initiated by changes to the authority record. To avoid this issue, try the following workaround:
- Make the changes you need to the bibliographic record that appear outside of the 1XX, 7XX, and 6XX tags.
- Save/replace the Master Bib record.
- Edit any needed authority records that need to be changed and save them down.
- If you need to add a new authority record, go back into the original bib record and add/link it to the authority record.