How to perform a silent install of OCLC Connexion client 3.x
- OCLC Connexion client 3.x
How to silently install Connexion client 3.x
We will use 7-Zip as our extraction tool.
To silently install client 3.x will require a little prerequisite work. We need to gather three .MSI files together in the same folder.
1. Download Connexion client 3.x.
2. Place it in a temp work folder.
3. Assuming 7-Zip is installed, right-click the client 3.x installer and choose 'Extract Here'.
4. Delete everything except:
5. Then, right-click accessdatabaseengine_X64.exe and choose 'Extract Here'. Ignore the 'There are some data after the end of the payload data' message if you receive one.
6. Delete everything leaving only:
Attached to this article is a command script to silently install client 3.x to the All Users (Everyone) group using ALLUSERS=1. Download it to your desktop.
The command file is commented with possible parameters. The line starting with ':DoTheSilentInstall' is what gets executed. For our purposes, all the .msi files are in a temp folder. Place the SilentInstallConnexionClient3.xForEveryone.cmd script in the folder with the three .MSI files.
The SilentInstallConnexionClient3.xForEveryone file extension was renamed to .txt to store in the help center. Rename it to .cmd before running it.
The example uses the /qb switch which shows a Cancel button and a minimal UI during the automatic install. Change it to /qn for no UI.
The above assumes you're running the command script from an elevated command prompt (no UAC intervention). When you execute the script the client and its support systems are installed.
If you run into any issues, contact OCLC Support.