- We are using the Internet Explorer browser with OCLC Connexion. The keystroke Ctrl+Shift+E to export a record in MARC works fine, but Ctrl+Shift+U to update the record does not work. Instead we have to select Update Holdings from the Action menu.
- Connexion browser
Microsoft assigns keystrokes to IE 11 that conflict with Connexion browser. In order to reclaim the keystrokes, you must run Connexion browser in compatibility mode. To do this:
- Navigate to Connexion browser. Don't sign in yet.
- Press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
- Click the Tools menu (or press Alt+t) and choose Compatibility View Settings.
- In the field for Add this website, you will see the domain, that is, the last part of the website address, oclc.org.
- Click Add. Result: the domain (oclc.org) appears in the list of "Websites you've added to Compatibility View."
- Click Close.
Sign into Connexion and try your shortcut keys. If they don't work, you may have to close and re-open the browser.
Other keystrokes besides Ctrl+Shift+U may be affected.