The client supplies a default description when you assign a user tool to a character, macro, menu item, or text string.
Example default descriptions:
- Character Æ AE, uppercase
- Macro Sample!CancelChanges
- Menu Item FileLogOn
- Text Test insert text string
The user tool description appears in:
- The tool tip pop-up that displays when the cursor is over the toolbar button for the user tool (if you add the button to the toolbar)
- The Tools > User Tools menu list item for the user tool.
To change either the default description or a description you have already change and want to updatefor an assigned user tool:
- Navigate to Tools > User Tools > Assign. The User Tools window opens.
- Select the category of the user tool for which you want to change the description.
- Menu item
- The list below the Display Commands for Category shows the available selections for the selected category. Select an item in this list for which you want to change the description.
- In the Current User Tools box, select the currently assigned user tool. The Unassign Tool and Modify Description button become available.
- Click Modify Description. The Modify Description window opens.
- In the Modify Description window, change the existing description.
- Click OK to save your change or click Cancel to cancel your change.
The new description appears in:
- The tool tip that pops up when you put the cursor over the user tool button on the toolbar.
- The name for the user tool in the Tools > User Tools menu list.
The default description of the OCLC Four Figure Dewey Cutter Macro is Macro Dewey!FourFig. You assign the Dewey macro to a user tool and click Modify Description to change the description to Run Dewey Macro.
Note: The default description is retained in the list displayed when you click List All.