Find out how to access and use the Classify tab on the Options window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the Classify Options window
- Set options for using Edit > Classify to automatically insert a recommended Dewey (DDC) or Library of Congress (LC) classification number in a bibliographic record:
- Select the classification scheme you want to use: Dewey or Library of Congress.
- Enter the tag for the field to which you want to add the classification number.
The prototype OCLC Classify Web service is provided by OCLC Research.
Access the Classify Options window
- Navigate to Tools > Options > Classify.
- Under Classification, select Dewey or Library of Congress.
- Enter a tag for the field where you want to add the classification number in the field below Create the following variable field from Classify result.
- Click OK or Apply.
See more about how to use the Classify service to get a class number.
Classify Options window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Classification buttons||Select one of the following classification schemes:
Default: Library of Congress
|Create the following variable field from Classify result field||Enter a tag for the variable field where you want to add the classification number.
Example: Enter 092 for a Dewey number.
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|OK||Apply the settings you entered and close the window.|
|Cancel||Cancel any changes you made and close the window.|
|Apply||Apply the settings you entered and keep the Options window open so that you can continue checking or changing other options settings.|