CONTENTdm Project Client 7 install details
- CONTENTdm Project client 7.0
The 7.0 Project client software provides:
Support for larger images
- A new Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine
- Faster and larger bulk processing capabilities
- Better support for PDF file formats
- The ability to install without requiring Windows Administrator privileges
- Automatic thumbnail generation for MP4 files
- Support for TLS 1.2 secure communications, .NET 4.8 framework and Federal Information Process Standards (FIPS) encryption
The CONTENTdm Project Client requires the following:
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
- At least 4 GB RAM (for sites processing a large volume of files and/or large files and images, we recommend 8 GB RAM)
- 4 GB of available hard-disk space for installation, plus additional space for Projects started in Project Client (you can free a portion of this disk space after installation by removing the original download package from the hard drive)
- Minimum display resolution of 1024 × 768
You can download the Project Client now.
- You must uninstall the 6.x client prior to installing 7.x and then reboot.
- Your projects and settings will remain behind after the 6.x uninstall and will be available again after the 7.x install.
Different 7.x versions can install on top of others. There is no need to uninstall first.
- OCR codes have changed. Anyone who uses OCR codes and is upgrading from 6.x to 7.x must get new codes. 7.x codes are not compatible with 6.x Client and 6.x codes are not compatible with 7.x Client. There is a form on the downloads page that will take them to a form fill-in that will go to Orders to dole out their new codes to them. There are TWO types of new codes (to make everything even more complicated). All 7.x compatible codes start with the letters SWAR.
- "Software" License: this is the kind we are used to. You fill in the code and activate via internet or email.
- "Online" License: this is only for people who use Client on a Virtual Machine (VMWare, VirtualBox, Parallels, etc). ABBYY disallows the regular license to work on virtual machines and it will pop up a box saying it is not supported if you try the other kind of license. This license has more to fill in -- password and a license file. Orders will send people a .zip file containing what they need