After you have uploaded items from your project, you can use the Upload Manager to view a summary or details about the items as they are uploaded. Additionally, the Upload Manager enables you to pause, resume or cancel the upload. A history log is available for upload summaries.
The upload method for your project is specified in the Project Settings Manager. See Project settings for more information.
Viewing the Upload Manager
You can display the Upload Manager in a pane at the bottom of the Project Client window. You also can view upload status and information from the Home tab. See Use the Home tab for more information.
View the Upload Manager
- From the Home tab or the Project tab, click View Upload Manager in the left taskbar under Other Tasks or click Show Details from the lower-left status bar.
- The Upload Manager displays in a new pane at the bottom of the Project Client window.
- Click the In Queue tab to view specific items as they are uploading.
- Items can be viewed by title, status, and size. Additionally, the progress for each upload is displayed.
- If there are any errors during the upload, they will display in the Upload Manager in the status field for each item and a notification appears in the lower-left status bar.
- Click the red text in the status field to open an error dialog.
- Click the Close button on the right or the Hide Details button in the status bar to hide the Upload Manager.
- Hiding the Upload Manager does not change the upload progress.
Pausing and resuming an upload
You can pause an upload to the server. Items still in the Upload Manager will be saved and held until the upload is resumed. Pausing does not place the items back in the project spreadsheet.
Pause and resume an upload
- While an upload is in progress, click the In Queue tab in the Upload Manager.
- Click Pause. The upload is stopped and the status displays as Pausing.
- When you are ready to resume the upload, click Resume.
Items remaining in the Upload Manager are uploaded.
Canceling an upload
You can cancel an upload to the server. Items still in the Upload Manager are removed from the queue and are returned to the project spreadsheet for editing or deletion from the project. You can cancel all items in the queue or select individual items.
While an upload is in progress:
- To cancel an upload of all items in the queue, click Cancel All and then Yes to confirm.
- To cancel an upload of a specific item in the queue, select the Remove File from Queue icon for the item you want to cancel.
All items in the queue are returned to the project spreadsheet, and the Upload Manager status for each item canceled displays Returned to Workspace.
Reviewing upload history
The upload history enables you to see a log of items that were uploaded or canceled (returned to workspace). The history displays the most recent items first. The history can be cleared at any time.
Review and clear the upload history
- From the Upload Manager, click the History tab. The Upload History displays.
- Click the column headers to sort items.
- Click Clear All to clear the history display.