The fundamentals of using CONTENTdm® to manage your digital collections are covered in three webinars: (1) Getting Started with CONTENTdm, (2) Working with Text in CONTENTdm, and (3) Maintaining Collections in CONTENTdm.
This course provides instruction on the structure of CONTENTdm, navigating and using CONTENTdm Collection Administration to create and manage a digital collection that includes text-based materials, as well as using the CONTENTdm Project Client to prepare digital items for addition to a collection.
Topics covered include:
- Configure a collection for adding textual materials
- Identify and use different compound object types
- Add compound objects
- Add PDF files
This course is intended for learners who are new to CONTENTdm but have completed Getting Started with CONTENTdm or have a thorough understanding of the structure of CONTENTdm and working with digital images. Established but basic users of CONTENTdm may also benefit from the class by filling in foundational knowledge that will enable them to work with the Project Client more effectively.
After completing this web-based training, learners will have the foundational knowledge required to begin using CONTENTdm to manage textual materials. Following completion of this webinar, in addition to Getting Started with CONTENTdm, learners will be prepared for the next module, Maintaining Collections in CONTENTdm.
Register for live, online training
|Wednesday, August 22, 2018||2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
|Wednesday, September 26, 2018||2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
View a recorded session
View a recorded session (90 minutes)
- Request closed captioning
- Closed captioning is available in the US upon request with 5 business days' notice. To request closed captioning for a training session, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Cancellation policy
- In the event of low attendance, OCLC may cancel a training session. In this situation, registrants will be notified by email in advance of the session.