How must this table be read?
- Cells marked with yellow are defined in the CBS MARC 21 format. These tags are "active", i.e. they can be used. So, tags marked with yellow are defined in the CBS MARC 21 format.
- Cells marked with green are defined in the CBS MARC 21 format. These tags are extensions to, i.e. these are not part of the Library of Congress and the OCLC (WorldCat) format. So, tags marked with green are defined in the CBS MARC 21 format.
- Cells with no color. These tags are "reserved" CBS MARC 21 tags; thus, these are non-existing tags now – for the main/master level, the local (LBD) and copy (LHR) level. These tags are only reserved for potential future use. Tags marked with no color may not be used in the CBS MARC 21 format now. So, when we need an extension of the CBS MARC 21 format or a new tag is defined by the MAC (MARC Advisory Committee), we already know what the CBS MARC 21 and CBS MARC 21 PICA+ tags will be.
- Tag descriptions marked with purple are specific OCLC MARC 21 (WorldCat) tags.
For more MARC 21 documentation:
- Leader Leader – authority format (under construction)
- 003 (Under construction)
- 008 Field 008 Fixed-Length Data Elements – authority format (under construction)
|Description||CBS MARC tag - main/master level||PICA+ tag - main/master level||CBS MARC tag - local level||PICA+ tag -
|CBS MARC tag - copy level||PICA+ tag -
|003||Control Number Identifier||M003||004C||L003||104C||C003||204C|
|0052||Date and Time of Latest Transaction||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|008||Fixed-Length Data Elements||M08A||014A||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
1. OCLC MARC tag 001 is not defined in the CBS MARC 21 format.
2. OCLC MARC tag 005 is not defined in the CBS MARC 21 format.