Add database-only collections
Database-only collections are used primarily by WorldShare Acquisitions and WorldShare License Manager libraries when they need to acquire collections or associate licenses with collections that do not have a defined list of titles. For example, a library might create a database-only collection for the Oxford English Dictionary website. Doing so would allow them to:
- Create an order in Acquisitions
- Create an entry in their WorldCat Discovery A to Z list
A database-only collection can be converted in the future to a knowledge base collection so the content of the collection can be managed at the title level.
To create a database-only collection:
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
- Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager (Collection Manager is also available in the Licenses tab).
- Click Create a Collection and choose Knowledge base collection from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Collection Name (This might be the database name).
- Click Create. You will remain on the screen but a Titles accordion will appear.
- Expand the Titles accordion.
- Rather than using the settings to add a title, click Mark collection as database-only (no titles).
- Click Save.