Release Date: August 10, 2017
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are other items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
This release was tested with the following browsers:
- Chrome Version 60.0.3112.78
- Firefox 54.0.1
- Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18738
Currently supported browsers can be found here.
Search for licenses using term of use values
New Platform API Operations Added
Libraries wishing to create applications that write directly to WorldShare License Manager can now take advantage of new platform API operations that were added to the existing WorldShare License Manager API, which enables full create, read, update, and delete capabilities. Details for the API can be found on the OCLC Developer Network.
The WorldShare License Manager API now allows for:
- Creating a license
- Updating an existing license
- Reading details from a license
- Usage harvest vendors with secure, https access points will now harvest usage data as expected
- Requestor IDs within Usage Data vendor configurations have been improved to allow for special characters
- Users of Internet Explorer will now be able to interact with licenses which include an attachment
- All comment fields were patched to guard against XSS vulnerabilities
- Licenses exported as CSV files will now include recent edits as expected and will also correctly show the original start date along with the most recent end date
- In July 2017 a bug was corrected which was incorrectly deselecting collections associated with licenses that had either expired or auto-renewed without the “automatically deselect collections” feature chosen. Affected collections were re-enabled in Collection Manager from archived settings.
- A bug preventing comments from being displayed with the most recent first has been corrected
- Manual COUNTER report uploads have been improved for better performance
- A bug preventing validation of SUSHI credentials in rare instances has been corrected
Please use the discussion forum for License Manager to discuss any issues you encounter, or contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The License Manager discussion forum on the OCLC Community Center: https://www.oclc.org/community/discu...anager.en.html
There are no known issues at this time.
- View License-level ROI reporting, including cost and usage
- Export and import licenses in CSV format to support offline editing
- Support for public exposure of Trial Databases
- Exposure of public license terms within WorldCat Discovery
The roadmap for WorldShare License Manager can be found incorporated within the WMS roadmap:
OCLC project staff regularly review this list and update the features and timing information.