Create a license template for your use and make it public so other libraries can use it. There are two ways to create a license template:
- Create a new license template.
- Clone a template as "Private."
Watch a video
Creating and managing templates (5:24)
This video covers creating and managing templates in License Manager. Templates can be modified and reused and many are available representing standard vendors license terms. You can also create a new template that your library and others can use.
Create a template
To create a template, refer to a copy of the license from the vendor (licensor) and encode its terms into License Manager using the following steps:
- Expand Templates and click Create a License.
Complete the template fields
Fill out the general information for your template.
Field Description Name The name of the template. Licensor Undefined until Collections are added. See Collections. Type
Choose the type of template you are creating:
- Public: Available for all libraries to use
- Private: Only for use by your library.
Description Any description notes for the template.
Vendors group the titles libraries license into collections. The collections in the Collection Lookup list are stored in the WorldCat knowledge base.
Add collections to a template:
- In the Collection Lookup list, type the collection you are looking for. Search results appear automatically when you stop typing.
- In the search results, click Collection Name .The collection will then appear in the table to the right.
- Optional: to edit the collection, click the Collection Name in the table. For more information, see the Collection Manager documentation page.
Once you have added the Collection(s), the Licensor value under the General tab will be updated to the provider of the collection(s).
- Documents (optional)
Upload documents relevant to the template such as addendums, riders, notes, and so forth. To add a document:
- Click Choose File and locate the file.
- Click Upload.
Documents cannot exceed 10 MB.
- Bookmarks (optional)
Add links to documents relevant to the template such as addendums, riders, notes, and so forth. To add a link to a template:
- Enter a URL into the text field. Supported URL protocols are: HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP.
- Click Add.
- Comments (optional)
- Click in the Add Comment box to add a comment about the template.
- Click Add.
- The History accordion will be available after a license is created. History provides details about changes to the template.
Remember to click Save after altering any settings.