Search for a template
To search for a template:
- On the left side of the screen, expand Templates.
- From the list, select the index to search:
- Template Name: The name you entered when creating the template in License Manager
- Licensor: The vendor from whom you are licensing the collection
- Collection: The collection associated with the template you want to find
- Documents: The documents (files or URLs) you added to the template you want to find
- Type the search term in the search box.
- Click Search or press <Enter>.
- If the search results extend to two or more screens, use the navigation links (top and bottom of list) to move between screens. Screen headers and footers show your position within the list. For example: Results 11-20 of 56
- Previous searches appear below the Search button. Click a search to return to it
- On the Search results screen, click the Name of the template to access it.
If no search criteria is entered, all results will be listed. To browse templates, leave the search box empty and click Search.
- Filter results
Template results can be filtered by Licensor or by Type. Expand Filter by Licensor or Filter by Type and begin typing.
- Columns in search results
Search results are sorted alphabetically by template name. To change the sort order, click any column heading.
- Name: The name you typed when creating the template in License Manager. Click the template Name to access the template
- Paper clip icon: The paper clip icon indicates attachments
- Licensor: The vendor from whom you are licensing the collection. Licensor is the only filter available for templates
- Type: Public or private
- Action: Create License. Click Create License to create a license from the template
Create a license from a template
With a template, the following actions are available from the Template Actions drop-down list:
Select Create License.
Edit the license fields
As you complete the license fields, please remember to click Save. Asterisks (*) indicate required fields.
Fill out the general information for your License.
Field Description Name The name of the license. Example: EBSCOhost Master License Agreement License Type
The type of license:
- Free Temporarily: Licenses that are not associated with a cost in any way
- Standard: Renewable licenses intended to cover multiple contract periods.
- Trial Period: Licenses that are not associated with a cost and are intended for evaluation purposes.
Licensee Your library. Start Date
The date the license period begins
- A license that has been accepted and has a start date in the future will automatically become active on the start date.
The deadline for renewal or cancelation.
Choose between Auto Renew and Manual Renew.
The date the license period ends.
Activation The license is considered active and enforceable when Activate License is selected. Termination
Mark license as terminated.
Auto Select When selected, your specified collections will be selected automatically upon activating the license. See Automatically select and deselect collections. Status
The status of the license:
- Current: License is in effect
- Expired: License is no longer in effect
- Pending: License has been created, but is not in effect.
Current Cost Click Edit to enter the cost of the license. Responsible Person(s) Indicate the person(s) responsible for a given license. Date Signed The date your library's representative signed the license. Description Any descriptive notes on the license.
- Vendors group the titles libraries subscribe to into collections. The collections in the Collection Lookup list are stored in the WorldCat knowledge base.
Add collections to a license:
- In the Collection Lookup list, type the collection you are looking for. Search results appear automatically when you stop typing.
- In the search results, click Collection Name. The collection will then appear in the table to the right.
- Optional: To edit the collection, click the Collection Name in the table. For more information, see Collection-level settings in knowledge base collections.
You can also elect to automatically deselect collection(s) when the license expires by selecting the checkbox next to License Expiration. The automatic deselect is not available for private collections, shared collections, or collections with MARC record delivery enabled.
- The Vendor accordion allows you to relate a license to a vendor file from WorldShare Acquisitions (WMS Acquisitions > Vendors). Asterisks (*) indicate required fields.
- Select the Contract type from the drop-down menu:
- Single Vendor: The license relates to a single vendor entity.
- Multiple Vendor: The license simply records all vendors associated with the license; typically, this is used to organize many collections around a single term of use such as Interlibrary Loan.
- Use the Select Vendor drop-down to select the existing vendors from the Manage Vendors section which have been marked as "My Library Partner." If you have selected Multiple vendors, they will be listed under the Vendor Information column with the option to display the below fields:
- Location: Displays the default address from the "Addresses" section of the vendor file (if available).
- Contact: Displays the default contact information from the "Contacts" section of the vendor file (if available).
- Email: Displays the email address from the "Contacts" section of the vendor file (if available).
- Vendor Link: Displays the first URL for a vendor from the "Links & Logins" section of the vendor file (if available).
To remove a vendor, click on the Remove option under the Actions column.
- Select the Contract type from the drop-down menu:
- Documents (optional)
Upload documents relevant to the license such as addendums, riders, notes, and so forth. To add a document:
- Enter a Document Label to help define what is found in your document.
- Click Choose File and locate the file.
- Click Upload.
Documents cannot exceed 10 MB.
Document labels cannot exceed 255 characters.
- Bookmarks (optional)
Add links to documents relevant to the license such as addendums, riders, notes, and so forth. To add a link to a license:
- Enter a Bookmark Label to help define what is found in your bookmark link.
- Enter a URL into the text field. Supported URL protocols are: HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP.
- Click Add Bookmark.
Bookmark labels cannot exceed 40 characters.
- Comments (optional)
- Click in the Add Comment box to add a comment about the license.
- Click Add.
The History accordion will be available after a license is created. History provides details about:
- License Costs
- License Changes
- Survey Data (trials)
Remember to click Save after altering any settings.
Follow the template
If you want to monitor public templates to ensure that edits continue to meet local needs, you can select the Follow Template option from the Template Actions drop-down. An email alert will then be sent if any edits occur on this template in the future.
The History accordion lists the changes that have occurred. After an edit to a template, libraries have the option to make additional changes or to clone the template as private and revert to the edits of a previous state.