To move a subject, select the subject and then click the right arrow. You can expand the subject categories to view additional subjects.
- Find the name of the comparison for which you want to create a unique/shared title list in the My active comparisons table.
- In the Comparison Types column, click Unique/Shared Titles.
- Move one or more subjects from the Available Subjects selection box to the Selected Subjects selection box.
- Click Create Chart.
- (Optional). Select one or more limits from the Limits panel, then click Apply Limits.
- (Optional). Click Save Image to save a copy of the chart as a PNG file.
- (Optional). Click View Data to open a table that provides the analysis data in spreadsheet format.
Interpret results for unique/shared title lists
When you are creating a unique/shared title list, you are essentially taking all of the WorldCat Holdings in your library and focusing on refining your list by selected subject(s) and then by export limits. With each subject and export limit that you apply, you are looking at a more focused view of your collection.
The number of WorldCat holdings that are included or excluded by this process are reflected at the top of the chart.
- My Library's Holdings for Selected Subjects - The number of WorldCat holdings that are in your library for the subjects you selected.
- Subject holdings that meet selected limits - The number of WorldCat holdings that are in your library for both the subjects you selected and the limits (filters) you applied.
The line graph shows the number of titles and then the number of other libraries that also hold those titles.
When you hover over the holding number in the line graph, a title count will pop up and display the percentage of libraries that hold these titles.