In addition to downloading your files from the My Files repository, you can download them from the FTP site. When available, you will receive an alert in the WorldShare toolbar. For a comprehensive look at FTP/SFTP at OCLC, see Introduction to FTP.
The downloaded file will be a zipped Microsoft Excel file (xls.zip).
Retrieve files using an open-source FTP client
You may download or manage (delete, cleanup, etc.) files using an open-source FTP client. Filezilla is recommended, as it works consistently with multiple operating systems.
If you get a warning message that states that the file is in a different format than the extension and asks if you are sure that you want to open the file, click Yes.
- Enter the host and port for your institution. See a list of library locations.
- Enter your institution's username and password (supplied by your regional OCLC Support office).
- Select the analytic/out/data directory.
- Click the name of the file you want to download.
- Save the file to your local workstation.
- Retrieve the downloaded file and unzip it.
- Extract the file.