- Patrons that have been manually entered using the Circulation module while the institution uses external authentication.
If a patron is entered using the Circulation module the option to set/reset the patrons password is not available in the Admin module if the institution (also) uses external authentication. This effectively means that that user can never log in. There is a way to remedy this situation.
To do that follow these steps:
- open the admin module
- search for the patron that does not show the set/reset password option
- assign a new barcode to the patron so that the system will deprecate the patrons old barcode (hint: add a couple of x'es to the barcode)
- save the entered data
- open the Diagnostics tab at the bottom of the screen
- release the now deprecated old barcode
- add a new patron, entering the exact data as is registered with the old patron, but with the old barcode, and save it
- now the set/reset option is available
- now you can safely delete the old patron