To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WMS Circulation left navigation, select Holds & Schedules, and then select the Hold Priority link.
Use this screen to set hold priority for patron types.
- Hold priority determines which patron type receives an item on hold first.
- Patron types are created on the Institution Borrower Categories screen in the WMS Institution module.
Hold Priority fields:
- Add/Delete (rightmost column): To add a row, click the Add button (). To delete a row, click the Remove button ().
- Borrower Category: Patron type, as set on the Institution Borrower Categories screen in the WMS Institution module. It is recommended to add a row for each patron type
- Material Format: Material format is defined in an item's WorldCat record. For more information, see Material Type Names and Codes to determine how the WorldCat record provides material format.
- Priority: Priority level for the patron type. The lower the number, the higher the priority. Multiple rows can have the same priority level.
Use the following configuration to provide the same hold priority to all patrons:
Material format Borrower category Priority All All 1
Use the following configuration to provide faculty with a higher hold priority than other patrons:
Material format Borrower category Priority All Faculty 1 All All 2
This will automatically place faculty hold requests at the top of the queue.
Hold Priority depends upon: