To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WMS Circulation left navigation, select Billing and Suspension, and then select the Membership Policies link.
Membership policies are used to manage any paid memberships in WorldShare Circulation if your library requires a fee to access the library's loan services for some or all of your patrons. By default, memberships are not required for any of your library patrons.
- Membership policies can be used in:
- For more information, see Manage library memberships.
Create or edit membership policies
- On the Membership Policies screen, click Create New, or click the Policy Name you want to edit.
- On the Create New or Edit Policy screen, fill in the fields in the order below:
- Policy Name: Name of the policy.
- Fee Amount: The amount to be charged for membership.
- Bill Reason: Select the Bill Reason to appear for the membership fee. See Bill Reasons for more information.
- Membership Period: Determine the amount of time the membership will last. A minimum of one day is required.
See Notification Policies for more information.
- Membership Bill: Select which notification to use to notify patrons that a membership bill has been created against their account.
- Membership Confirmation: Select which notification to use to notify patrons that their membership has been activated.
- Membership Expiry: Select which notification to use to notify patrons that their membership is approaching expiration.
- After selecting the notification, enter the number of days prior to expiration to notify the member in the Send Expiry Reminder section. The notice can be sent one or more days before the membership expires.
Copy membership policies
- Click the Policy Name you want to copy.
- In the top right corner, click Copy. The copied policy appears.
- Enter a policy name and edit any additional fields.
- Click Save.
Delete membership policies
Policies cannot be deleted if they are in use.
- Click the Policy Name you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click Delete.
- On the Confirm window, click OK.