Use this screen to apply scheduling policies to patron types and items.
When an item is checked out, the system evaluates the rows in the map in this order until a match is found:
- Top to bottom (rows)
- Left to right (settings in rows)
It is recommended to:
- Put your most restrictive rows at the top of the map
- Have a row at the bottom of the map to cover all patron types, material formats, branches, and locations
Create or edit rows in the scheduling policy map
- On the Scheduling Policy Map screen, fill in the fields in the order below:
- Patron Policy: Select the Patron Policy from the list. Create patron type policies on the Patron Type Policy screen.
- Material Format: Material format is defined in an item's master record. For more information, see Material Type Names and Codes to determine how the master record provides material format.
- Holding Location: Holding Code, as set on the Holding Codes Translation Table screen. You must select a holding location in order to select a shelving location.
- Shelving Location: Shelving Location, as set on the Holding Codes Translation Table screen. If an item has a temporary and permanent location in WMS, the circulation policy will use the temporary location.
- Scheduling Policy: Select the Scheduling Policy from the list. Create scheduling policies on the Scheduling Policy screen.
- If needed, add or delete rows:
- To add a row, click the Add button ().
- To delete a row, click the Remove button ().
- To change a row's position on the map, use the up () and down () arrows.
- Click Save.