Use this screen to apply hold fulfillment policies to patron types and items.
When an item is available to fulfill a hold, the system evaluates the rows in the map in this order until a match is found:
- Top to bottom (rows)
- Left to right (settings in rows)
It is recommended that:
- The rows at the top of the map describe the most specific scenarios at your library. For example, rows that have values other than 'All' selected for each parameter (e.g., Patron Policy, Shelving Location, etc.) should be at the top of the map.
- The last row of the map represents a catchall where each parameter is set to 'All.'
- Your library only includes a row for a specific scenario if a more general scenario cannot be applied.
- Hold request policy map - Example
patron policy material format policy Undergraduate Book Undergraduate Book Graduate Book Graduate Book All Book Faculty & Staff Book Staff All Staff Non-Book All DVD Non-Staff DVD All All Default
Create or edit rows in the hold request policy map
- On the Hold Fulfillment Policy Map screen, fill in the fields in the order below:
- Patron Policy: Select the Patron Policy from the list. Create patron type policies on the Patron Type Policy screen.
- Material Format: Material format is defined in an item's master record. For more information, see Material Type Names and Codes to determine how the master record provides material format.
- Holding Location: Holding Code, as set on the Holding Codes Translation Table screen. You must select a holding location in order to select a shelving location.
- Shelving Location: Shelving Location, as set on the Holding Codes Translation Table screen. If an item has a temporary and permanent location in WMS, the circulation policy will use the temporary location.
- Hold Fulfillment Policy: Select the Hold Fulfillment Policy from the list. Create hold fulfillment policies on the Hold Fulfillment Policy screen.
- Add/Delete (rightmost column):
- To add a row, click the Add button ().
- To delete a row, click the Remove button ().
- To change a row's position on the map, use the up () and down () arrows.
- Click Save.